Friday, July 1, 2011

Kettle Corn


This is one of my all time FAVORITE recipes! I got on a kettle corn kick a couple of years ago.

In Tallahassee when I was at Florida State, I loved going down to the downtown market on Saturday mornings to get the freshly popped sweet & salty snack.

I found this recipe on Rachel Ray's website and it's super easy. I've got it memorized & I've easily made it about 2 dozen times.

If you are a kettle corn lover, you need to try making it yourself. It's much better than the instant bagged stuff (blahh...) and it's more accessible than stand at a weekend market or state fair!

Here it is:

Ingredients

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt


Putting It ALL Together

In a large pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the popcorn. When the oils sizzles, sprinkle the sugar over the kernels.

Cover and shake the pan until the popping slows down, about 3 minutes. [Beware! If you don't continually shake the pan, it will burn the sugar & ruin the kernels].

Remove from the heat and toss with the salt. [I transfer the popped corn into a gallon sized ziploc bag and then shake with salt...this mixes it together easier.]

No comments:

Post a Comment