Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mama's Turkey Burgers


Turkey burgers have become quite "trendy" because of their perceived health value. Turns out, they don't seem to offer more nutrition than a traditional beef burger. Nonetheless, I've become a fan.

My mom makes this turkey burger recipe often & they are always a favorite around my house.

The other night, I went over to spend the day with mom & she had a batch of these burgers that she had made and frozen {brilliant mom move -- cook a bunch, eat a little, freeze the rest for later}.

We cooked them up & enjoyed a nice, light summer meal out on the patio.

Here it is:

Ingredients

  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup applesauce [the "magic" ingredient --that makes them so YUM]
  • 1/4 cup yellow onion, minced
  • 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • salt and pepper

  • Putting it ALL Together

  • Combine ALL ingredients & shape into patties

  • Grill about 4 - 5 minutes each side.

  • Yield
  • 4 burgers

  • We served up the burgers on Arnold Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins. I topped my burger with swiss cheese, tomato, onion and lettuce. I also added a little smear of Kraft Chipotle Mayo.


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment