Friday, June 17, 2011

Nutella Double Chocolate Cookies

I spent part of my day yesterday, updating my Pinterest & pinning pictures of items that I wanted to try.

I came across a recipe for Chocolate Nutella Cookies on the blog Simply Recipes. I was thrilled! I mean, who doesn't LOVE Nutella? The other draw to this recipe is that I had all the ingredients in my pantry [always a plus].

After picking up a dear friend, Weezy (a fellow Nutella lover), from the airport...we decided to try the recipe.

[Note: I normally try to find "healthy" dessert recipes or I'll try to find a way to make recipes "more healthy." But there is absolutely NO health benefits of this recipe. I went all out & it paid off.]

Here it is folks...

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature

3/4 cup of brown sugar

3/4 cup of white sugar

1 cup of Nutella

1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

2 eggs

2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour

1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup of chocolate chips [*I used dark chocolate chips]

1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts [Publix didn't have hazelnuts--or non that I was able to find--so I did not include hazelnuts in my recipe & they were still good.]


Putting it ALL Together

Preheat oven to 350F. Cream butter in an electric mixer for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and Nutella and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl to ensure even mixing.

Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds between each. Add the vanilla and mix for 10 seconds.

Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda . Mix into the butter mixture on low speed until fully incorporated, scraping down the bottom and sides at least once to ensure even mixing. Fold in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts and refrigerate the dough for ten minutes.

Spoon tablespoon-sized drops of dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on the sheets for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Yield

Makes SIX DOZEN! [I apparently overlooked this when I made these. I now have 3 Tupperware containers on my counter filled with cookies.]


Verdict

At first, the cookies were extremely "ooey gooey." My rule when I bake cookies is that I will normally try one fresh out of the oven (in all it's ooey gooey glory). Then, after cooling, I'll try another one.

These cookies tasted MUCH better after they cooled. They have the consistency of brownies. So, fresh out of the oven, they are like brownie batter in the middle.

Overall, they turned out great! They look good [super plump] and I'm sure they'd be a crowd pleaser at a party. I will definitely bake them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment